31 May 2011
1. Playing with some of my OPI polishes
2. Flowers from my lovely colleagues. I think they want me back.
3. Polishing my silver jewellery. Can I just take a moment and say how amazing Tiffany Silver Polish is? All my jewellery that was black/cloudy/manky now looks brand new. So shiny!
4. Possibly my favourite nail polish ever, OPI Black Cherry Chutney
5. The shopping list my boy did for the groceries the other day. It cracked me up when I saw it, next to razors he'd written 'pink. call.' (pink I think was to remind him that my razors come in pink packaging. And call because he knew he wouldn't remember the brand.) I didn't get a call or my razors!
6. Doing mud face masks with the beauty stuff my friend brought back for me from Rotorua. My face is so soft and glowy now.
Back to work tomorrow, is it weird that after nearly 2 weeks off work, I can't wait?
25 May 2011
China Glaze Liquid Leather with Ulta3 Gold Rush Fever on tips
Just a very quick post today, I'm still confined to bed and therefore have been wearing nothing more interesting than my PJs.
Inspired by this picture, I decided to undertake my own french manicure with a twist. I still need lots more practice, particularly in how to do it without doing a million coats of each colour and making it look lumpy, and I definitely need slightly longer nails to make it look a bit better, but I'm in love with the concept and can't wait to do more variations on the french mani.
Don't forget to enter the giveaway! Win a bottle of OPI Silver Shatter, entries close on Saturday!
23 May 2011
Witchery black silk dress; BCBGMaxAzria black leather jacket; Asos heart suspender stockings; Tony Bianco 'Dodge' black suede ankle boots; Mulberry black oversized Alexa; Mimco black crystal bracelet;
MAC Ruby Woo lipstick; Essie Limited Addiction nail polish; (before they both came off)
Saturday night to dinner and drinks with some friends. What started as a nice dinner in Surry Hills as a belated birthday celebration for my bestie, ended up in the wee hours of the morning in our friends' apartment, listening to 90s music and having D&Ms. Those are the best kind of nights.
In other news, I seem to have come down with an awful flu. I've spent the past 2 days alternating between the bed and the couch, watching The OC. Oh how I love this show!
Thanks to everyone who has entered the giveaway so far! There is still 5 days to go, so enter now!
20 May 2011
Top: Sportsgirl Skirt: Vila via Asos Ballet flats: Ferragamo Handbag: Mulberry Necklace: House of Harlow
Nails: Essie Limited Addiction
Tonight I went to the Finders Keepers Markets with the lovely PinkPenguin! There was some lovely things at the market, but everything was soooo expensive! It's just not worth it when you can get similar, and in some cases better things from Etsy for much cheaper. But clearly the markets are popular, it was so crowded we couldn't move in some places. Wonder what it will be like tomorrow! Sadly we didn't buy anything, but we took the money we'd saved and had a lovely dinner and a drink in Newtown.
We got some good photos in though, and thankfully the photo police weren't out today! When we went to Glebe Markets a few weeks ago we were constantly told to put our cameras away.
Also introducing yet another leather skirt! You may remember some months ago I bought this skirt from Asos, but it was sold out, so I got a refund. But today it came in the mail! So confusing, and now I have 2 leather skirts! I do love this one though.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! xx
16 May 2011
Zara blue & black stripe top; Zara black leather mini skirt; Tony Bianco 'Nemesis' black lace-up wedge ankle boots;
Chanel Rouge Allure in 'Passion' lipstick;
On Saturday night I went out for dinner and drinks with my best friend. We had a lovely night, sharing several cocktails before having a bottle of wine (each...) over dinner. When we normally go out, it's usually with our little group of 4 with our respective boys, so it was a nice change to have a girly night.
Since my Topshop leather skirt arrived a full size too small (*cry*), I sourced this skirt from Zara. It fits like a dream and the leather is buttery soft. Love!
Hope everyone had lovely weekends! xx
14 May 2011
To warm up in the coldest autumn Sydney has had for 14 years, I've been:
1. Living in this gigantic black wool scarf my nan knitted me. I mentioned to her in passing on my birthday that I'd been looking for a big black wool scarf that is under $80, and this week she called me to say she'd knitted one and it was on its way to me! It's just exactly what I wanted, so long I can wrap it around my neck several times, and is just so, so warm. Thanks Nan!
2 & 3. Wearing sparkly nail polish to counteract the gloomy weather! These are Zoya Julieanne and OPI Let Me Entertain You.
4. Wearing opaque stockings under my skinny jeans! My waxed jeans are so thin and don't provide any protection against the cold.
5. Finding a book in the post office! I'd heard of Book Crossing but I'd never found one, so I was very excited to see this lying on the bench at the post office when I went to collect the mail. The idea is that you pick up a book, register it on the website, where you can read reviews from people who've read it before you, write a review of your own, and set it free again! It's a worldwide thing, and this book has been making the rounds for 2 years! Can't wait to read it and write a review of my own.
Hope you're all keeping warm! xx
10 May 2011
Zara fuchsia top; Asos black full skirt; Ferragamo black patent Varina ballet flats; Mulberry black oversized Alexa; Tiffany & Co key necklace; Hermes clic clac;
MAC Girl About Town lipstick; China Glaze Evening Seduction nail polish;
Forever New dusty pink long-sleeved dress; Zu black suede platform heels; Mulberry black oversized Alexa; Tiffany & Co key necklace;
MAC Ruby Woo lipstick; China Glaze Evening Seduction nail polish;
MAC Ruby Woo lipstick; China Glaze Evening Seduction nail polish;
Please excuse my facial expression in the first photo! After my boy took the photo, I said, 'I felt like I made a weird face.' He went 'nah you didn't.' So off we went. It wasn't until we were in the car and I was half into my wedding outfit that I saw the photo and the horrific face I made! Gah, terrible photographer!
Saturday was a crazy day, I woke up early to drive to Bondi Junction to buy my best friend a gluten-free cake for her birthday, then straight to Chinatown for Yum Cha. After a quick lunch, it was back to the car and off to Wollongong for the wedding. Yup, I got changed in the car on the way! I felt a bit dishevelled after using the car as a dressing room and the rearview mirror as a makeup mirror, but I hope I looked all right!
The wedding was beautiful! I get so soppy over weddings, especially this one, as it was 2 friends who started dating when we were all in high school. It was so surreal to watch them get married.
I did have a minor freak out when we were getting up to leave the church, and a girl walked by me wearing the exact same dress! I comforted myself with the fact I would just try and avoid her all night, but she turned out to be the girlfriend of another high school friend, so a bit hard to avoid! I think she was just as embarrassed as I was though...
04 May 2011
Topshop beige oversized sweater
Topshop leather buckle skirt
Forever New dress
You'd think that after my blowouts in Melbourne and at Zara, I would slow down the shopping. But you'd be wrong. In my defence, the Topshop items were all bought on eBay for cheap, the Forever New dress is for a wedding this weekend and I needed something to wear. But the Zara top just had to come home with me, the colour is insane. I can't wait to wear it with the leather skirt, I think it will look amazing!
I love the beaded sweater, I have the same one in cream, and even though I don't normally buy the same thing in multiple colours, it's just that good that I had to have the black. And the leather skirt, as you may remember, was on my wishlist for Japan, so I was very excited to see it in my size and for a reasonable price on UK eBay.
And the beige sweater was a nice bargain, only $12! I'm just loving big snuggly knits this winter.
eBay is killing me lately, I've just deleted my watch list, and it's crazy how nervous / liberated that made me feel! I've got to stay away for a while.