I can't believe it's time for another year recap. It seriously doesn't seem that long ago that I was reflecting on 2010. 2010 was a year that saw a lot of changes and big life events (going to the US, starting a new job, moving house, dealing with a melanoma, my best friend getting married), and 2011 was no different. I wouldn't say it was a good year, but I've learnt a lot and I'd like to think I'm ending 2011 a stronger person than I was when it started.
- Another cancer scare, which resulted in surgery, 6 weeks off work and 4 weeks on crutches.
- Our 2 closest friends getting engaged and married.
- A trip to Melbourne with said friends after our longed-for trip to Japan had to be cancelled the week before.
- Me enrolling in university, 7 years after I finished high school. It's still new and quite overwhelming, but I'm excited to be finally furthering my education.
- Me turning 24.
- Staying in the one job for the entire year, for the first time since 2008!
- Staying in the one apartment for the entire year, also for the first time since 2008.
- Meeting and becoming friends with some amazing blogger ladies.
Unlike 2010, 2011 was a year that was documented on my blog, and I'd like to sincerely thank you all for coming on this journey with me, for all your comments and kind words, and most of all the support through the more difficult times. Happy new year! <3
29 December 2011
Zara hot pink dress (similar here); Nine West tan strappy wedges; Michael Kors rose gold chronograph watch;
China Glaze Twinkle Lights nail polish; Kit 'Show Stopper' lipstick;
This was the outfit I wore on Christmas Day. I love this dress to pieces, the colour is amazing, so bright and happy! I searched high and low for the perfect lipstick to match it, and finally found it at Kit.
The watch was a Christmas present from the boy, which is the second year in a row he's given me a watch! I don't think I'll be getting a new watch for a while though, I love this one too much.
27 December 2011
1. The Christmas feast we had with our best friends on Friday night. So much crackling. So yum.
2. The photobook our best friends gave us for Christmas, documenting our friendship over the past 5-6 years. Easily my favourite present.
3. The tunes!
4. The dessert - my contribution to the evening. It failed miserably (the chocolate mousse that ran everywhere was supposed to be much more solid). It was still delicious.
5. The drinks - pink champagne.
6. The countryside on the way to my mum's property.
7. My Christmas Day mani - China Glaze Twinkle Lights.
8. The table setting for Christmas lunch at my boyfriend's parents.
9. Little birdies on our presents.
10. Decorations at my boy's parents place, they look so pretty.
11. Christmas tree and presents.
12. The porch at my mum's place.
13. My little brother's puppy, he's so adorable!
14. Eating cake at my brother's birthday lunch. Yummm!
I hope you all had amazing Christmases! <3
24 December 2011
Forever New floral backless dress; Tony Bianco 'Febe' wedges (similar here);
NARS Heat Wave lipstick;
There's nothing I love more than wearing bright floral dresses in summer, and particularly at Christmas time! They're so happy and festive. This dress is one of my absolute favourites, the print is gorgeous and the cut-out back makes it a little more interesting than your standard floral dress.
I'm off to my mum's property tonight to stay for a few days for Christmas and my little brother's birthday on Boxing Day. I hope you all have a wonderful and fun-filled Christmas! <3 xx
21 December 2011
1. Glitter nails! This is China Glaze Tinsel Town.
2. Christmas tree cupcakes my colleague baked. So yum!
3. Lolly vying for attention while I try to read my book.
4. Our table at a restaurant in Glebe the other night, loved the comic book cutouts on the table, and the artwork propped up at the end.
5. Peacock in Different Drummer, where we went for drinks after dinner.
6. Much-needed sugar hit while Christmas shopping on Saturday.
7. My red dress and more glitter nails for a family party on Sunday.
8. The sun came out yesterday! It's back to cloudy today unfortunately, but at least it's not supposed to rain on Christmas Day :)
9. Wrapping the last lot of presents last night.
I just love the week leading up to Christmas! I love running around finding last minute presents, wrapping presents, baking yummy things to eat, catching up with friends and finishing things off at work. 4 sleeps to go!
16 December 2011
Supre sleeveless collared shirt; Sportsgirl black tube midi skirt (similar here); Tony Bianco 'Norman' wedges; eBay gold collar necklace; Hermes clic clac;
My apologies for the long gap between outfit posts! I was a very naughty girl last week at my Christmas party and didn't put sunscreen on my legs fast enough. It's the first time I've been burnt since I had my melanoma removed last year so I was very annoyed with myself, and have been covering up all week. Today is the first day they've started to fade a bit, so I braved it with a skirt (but only a midi one, mind you).
As you can see, my Tony Bianco wedges arrived! When I left for work this morning my postie was pulling up, so I hung around outside until he was finished sorting all his packages, but he saw me and said 'I have a package for you!'. Clearly I get too many packages if my postie remembers my face and my name. So I carried the box on the bus and opened it up when I got to work. They're so comfy! They may not be super easy to walk in, I end up clomping around all over the place. But they're cute and they give height without pain, so I'm happy.
14 December 2011
Miss Selfridge tube midi skirt; (similar here)
Topshop floral bustier dress;
Tony Bianco 'Norman' wedges;
I bought these Tony Bianco 'Norman' wedges last week from their online sale for a bargain price. They were $100 marked down from $169, and with a 30% off code, and cashing in some of my reward points, they came down to something ridiculous like $55. I love them, I don't actually own any black summery shoes that aren't ballet flats or work heels, and since I can't wear heels very often at the moment, they look like they'll be very comfortable.
While I'm waiting for them to arrive, I've Polyvore'd some outfit ideas that I can't wait to wear them with.